Saturday, March 07, 2009

Daniela's Cooking Class - March 22nd

Cooking Class with Daniela
Sunday, March 22
1 p.m. to 4 p.m.

Daniela Useli, the fabulous Sardinian cook whom many of you know of her monthly dinners at Sotto Sopra, will be offering a cooking class for you on Sunday, March 22nd from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. in the Sotto Sopra kitchen.

Rediscover the flavor of real Italian meals from a real Italian. Daniela's cooking is as simple as only a true every day Italian mother could make. Daniela comes from a long tradition of Italian homemakers that have in their genes the art of simple, delicious, family cooking.

The cooking class recipes are as follows:

Green Home Made Lasagna
*
Calamari with Peas
*
Escarole with Capers and Olives
*
Triangle-shaped Puff Pastry
filled with hazelnut chocolate cream and banana

After the demonstration class is finished all will sit and enjoy these Sardinian dishes along with wine. The class is being limited to 16 students. Reservations a required.

$65.00*
Per Student

Call Monika Pawlak-Bosio at 410 625-0534 for reservations. *Reservations are required and to be guaranteed with credit card. Cancellation policy is anything less than 24 hours from the class date and time will be billed. No other promotions or discounts apply to this event


Ciao,

Let me introduce myself, I am Daniela Useli and I want to share with you the traditional foods of my Italy and my home, Sardinia, where meals are prepared with simple and locally-grown, fresh ingredients.


As a child, I would spend much time in the kitchen with my mother, a culinary artist in her own right, as she prepared wonderful meals and beautiful, delicious pastries. I learned at my mother’s apron strings and she at her mother’s apron strings and so on, this way the traditional Sardinian and family recipes continue to live.

My Passion


It has been many years since my 8th birthday when I was given my first recipe book, even then, at such an early age, my passion for cooking was apparent. I have prepared all the recipes in that treasured book, many times over and the pages are well-worn with love.

There is no greater joy then to have family and friends alike to my table and see their eyes close and their head nod upon the first bite. I revel in throwing parties and I have been known to have up to 100 guests. For these types of occasions, I will be in the kitchen from early dawn and through the night preparing, with love, the foods of my home country.

An Idea is Born


Any cook worth their salt, continues to work and refine their recipes whether a pinch more of this or a little less of that and I too was doing the same with my Spinach Lasagna. The results of this recipe have been unanimous among our best friends, Alberto, Nancy, Jim, Marilu and Massimo: it is a delicate, light, fabulous dish. At that point, I thought it could be time to submit my creativity to the attention of restaurants and my friend Alberto agreed and wrote to Riccardo Bosio at Sotto Sopra.

When Riccardo replied saying that he was really willing to give my recipes a try, I was shocked and started immediately to organize myself for making the best food out from my recipes. That night, I only slept three hours. When Riccardo tasted my hand-made pastries and my famous Spinach Lasagna he told me I had to cook for him.
Come learn how to make my famous Spinach Lasagna and other true Sardinian dishes at my cooking class. I look forward to meeting you.

Buon Appetito!

Daniela

No comments: