Thursday, May 08, 2008

Modena, Bologna & Siena - Oh My!

Monika and I had a wonderful time in Italy in March, it was a great time to reconnect with my roots, visits friends (you all remember our chef friend from Siena, Stefano) and family (my mother and father).

I thought I would post our photos for those of you who have asked to see them.

We started in Modena, the home town of Pavarotti. Modena is famous for it's balsamic vinegars. We moved on to Bologna, an education hub in Italy and of course is known for Bolognese sauce.

On to Siena where we visited a pasta factory. The woman you see is the only one who still make tortellini by hand, she is 75 years old. There was lots of good salumi and you'll see me hamming it up under some Prosciutto di Parma.

Monika and I got some time on the ski slopes and then it was time to come home.

I know I'm not Rick Steves and this is a pretty quick tour but then again Rick Steves can't cook.



No comments: