Thursday, June 26, 2008

Our Top Toque

As executive chef at Sotto Sopra I am keenly aware of the spirit and soul of this restaurant. It’s important to me that it is true to you as well as itself, presenting a slice of contemporary Italy with style and sense of excitement.

My passion for food began in Havre de Grace, at my family’s table, which offered the bounty of the local woods, the Susquehanna river, and a family garden. There, I developed a healthy appreciation for good, fresh food. I graduated top-of-my-class at the Pennsylvania Culinary Institute (PCI) with three associate’s degrees: culinary, pastry, and restaurant and hotel management. I’ve received the Medal of Excellence from Chaines des Rotisseurs and the Award for Professionalism from PCI.

I love to share my culinary knowledge, whether with my staff in the Sotto Sopra kitchen, the culinary students from Carver Center’s ProStart program, or our clientele at my monthly cooking classes. This sharing of culinary ideologies and techniques is the core to our world of food.

Each month, I create a new chef’s three-course tasting menu, available every Wednesday night, which offers multiple selections from our seasonal dinner menu for just $38.

Bill Crouse, Executive Chef
Sotto Sopra Restaurant

No comments: